Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This I Believe... Um, That I Believe...

So my e-mail signature line keeps growing, and it's kinda pointless;  my real hope is that someday I'll just be able to sign my name, Tae, and people will just know who I am, like Seal, or Moses.

Anyway, in a recent interview with GQ Ryan Gosling (he was in The Notebook, although he's been in better movies like Half Nelson, Lars and the Real Girl, and Blue Valentine) notes that he and his mother have always been believers, that is, that they've always had a sense of the transcendent.  He then proceeds to take the reporter to not just one, but two magic shows in Los Angeles, and also mentions that one of his favorite places in Southern California is Disneyland.  I guess I, too, have always been a believer, only minus the weird 12-year-old's fondness for magic and the Mouse that I grew out of when I discovered alcohol.

Being a believer means that what-ifs are some of the most appealing kinds of musings;  recently, it's been what if I can run so far... because if I can run 3 miles, I can run 5... if I can run 5, I can run 8... if I can run 8, I can run 12... if I can run 12, I can run 20... and that may be the same kind of slippery logical slope that results in teen pregnancy, but at least with running I'll be losing weight.

I wonder if I can run 50 miles... without chafing... I believe in Bodyglide...

Craig Park Wasn't at the Reunion, But It's Still a Friend
5.69 mi.  44 min.:34 sec.  7:49 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment