Monday, December 20, 2010

Nike Free Run+ Review - Update!

I feel terrific today - 2010 shoulda realized that it's got nothing on me!

And even though it's pouring outside I felt like running outside, except I didn't, because I wanted to be sure that my shoes were dry in time for tomorrow's run, and that led me to think it's high time for a bit of an update, a review review.

The Nike Free Run+ are meant to be worn sockless, with a lightweight mesh upper that's meant to be sock-like, and I tried that in the beginning, but quickly developed a few hot spots that blistered - ugh.  So instead, I did what some other folks have been doing by taking out the insole and wearing socks to make up the difference in inside-shoe volume with the added advantage of lending the sole greater flexibility.  Which is how I've been running for the approximately 500 miles I've put on them since I bought the pair of shoes in August.  So figuring that I've probably given them maybe just enough time to break in I thought I'd try them today the way they were meant to be worn, and with great success.  I might even run the LA Marathon sockless.

I love rain!  My feet don't hurt!  I feel great!  Runner's high, apparently!

Rainy Day Treadmill Run For Dry Shoes and Prevention of Pneumonia
5.06 mi.  45 min.  8:53 pace.  "Wolf Blitzer: The Situation Room" w/Candy Crowley filling in for the Blitz, and "John King: USA" on the t.v.

No comments:

Post a Comment