Monday, December 6, 2010

Running Revue

So, looking at some other (more successful) running blogs, it appears that a lot of them involve the reviewing of gear.

That makes sense;  you review stuff which then directs people to the advertising on your site which then encourages people to buy stuff which then expands the Chinese economy (which should probably have been Guns 'N Roses' album name instead, really).

Given that I can only make so many absurdist observations over a period of time (I'm contractually limited) (okay, who am I kidding, I'd kill even to have a contract that might limit me) (actually, my contract at work might limit me - better check), I'm beginning to think that perhaps I also should review running related stuff on my site, which would with any luck result in endorsements, book deals, and the naming of products and children after me.

If you have any ideas as to what you'd like for me to review, there're a couple of criteria to meet:
1)  Given that I'm stretched for cash (school loans+mortgage+my wife and I subscribe to 30 magazines = cotton, rather than silk, boxers) (okay, if anyone else was grossed out by that image, let me just throw in that I was too), it has to be free, something you can lend me, something that a manufacturer would be willing to send to me, or something I already have.
2)  Nothing illegal.

And that's it!  Now, let the reviewing begin:

CHOCOLATE LACTAID
For those of you who've read this previous post you know about my deep, soul-connection with chocolate milk and why it was so gratifying to discover that I might need it now that I'm a (albeit sloooow) runner.  Well, what I've actually been imbibing has been Chocolate Lactaid.  Now, unlike a lot of Asians, I'm actually not all that lactose intolerant, and I can really clog my arteries with all manner of cheeses and ice cream (and unlike a lot of Asians, whiskey et al does not make me red in the face;  my tolerance for cheese and booze borders on alarming) (but mostly for my weight), but for some reason regular ol' chocolate milk gave me some gastric distress.  Chocolate Lactaid pretty much solved that problem while still providing all of the sugars, fats, proteins, sodium, etc. etc. that's a benefit of drinking chocolate milk as a recovery beverage.  Without all of that uncomfortable shifting around in one's seat trying to avoid the opposite of a gas shortage.  You all know what I'm talking about.

Anyway:

The Run During Which I Discover a Mushroom Village:



Where're the Smurfs?

6.81 mi.  1 hr.  8:49 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment